Work with us
Build your career with the thrill of a startup, but within the structure of a regulated industry.
We are a small but mighty team and pension plan for almost 10,000 workplace insurance and safety employees in Ontario. We are dedicated to delivering on our defined benefit pension promise to our members.
Our team is being handpicked for their experience, personalities, different perspectives, and commitment to our values – this is what we believe makes us great.
We do things differently. We want you to work independently but know you have a supportive team to back you up. And if that is not enough for you, here is a glimpse into some of the norms we’ve established as a team:
Who’s running the show?
We are proud of our Board of Trustees and Chief Pension Officer and Plan Manager because they are thoughtful and passionate about both pensions and people.
Our hiring process
We build our team deliberately and we are conscious about who we ask to join us. When we look for a new team member, we are looking for not only someone who shares our values, but also has a diversity of opinion. We want people to bring new ideas that will help create a better experience for our team and our pension plan members. That is why our hiring process is so thorough:
- Apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to an open position
- If you are selected, you will be contacted for a phone screen with HR
- Our shortlisted candidates will then be scheduled for an interview with HR and the Hiring Manager
- There may be a second interview with some of our Trustees or our CPO, depending on the position
- We will ask you for three to eight references
- We will give you at least two current or former employees of WISE Trust – you should do a reference check on us too!
- A background screening will be completed (we are handling other people’s money, so this step is really important to us)
- If you are the selected candidate, we will make it official!
Our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to contribute and grow personally and professionally, regardless of age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, disability, family status or background. Our differences allow us to bring various perspectives to the work we do.
Here are some things that our team has said about diversity and inclusion: