Your Pension Advisory Committee
The Pension Advisory Committee (PAC) was established as a way to keep members involved in the administration of the Plan, make views of members known to the Board of Trustees, and promote awareness and understanding of the Plan.
We are excited to announce the following individuals have been elected:
- Beth Harris (Retirees/Deferred Member Representative)
- Len Brown (Retirees/Deferred Member Representative)
- Carlo Augimeri (WSIB Non-Bargaining Unit Member Representative)
- Robert Alvarez (WSIB Non-Bargaining Unit Member Representative)
- Mike Anderson (SWA Non-Bargaining Unit Member Representative)
The appointment process is underway for the bargaining unit representatives. The PAC is targeted to be operational fall 2021.
Representation is from members
The PAC is made up of 10 members that represent different groups of members that participate in the Plan. The PAC advocates on behalf of all pension plan members.
|Category of representation||Number of representatives||Method of appointment||Formers members|
|Retirees/deferred members||2||Election process|
|Non-bargaining unit employees|
|WSIB non-bargaining employees||2||Election process|
|Safe Workplace Association (SWA) non-bargaining employees||1||Election process|
|Bargaining unit employees|
|WSIB bargaining employees||3||Appointed by OCEU|
|IHSA bargaining employees||1||Appointed by OCEU|
|PSHSA, WSN bargaining employees||1||Appointed by COPE 24|
The PAC will appoint up to three non-voting observers who will be entitled to attend every Board of Trustees meeting (other than in camera meetings and other special meetings held at the discretion of the Trustees) and provide input on administration of the Plan. The three observers will be made up of:
- Retired or deferred member representative
- Bargaining unit representative
- Non-bargaining unit representative